Kamis, 02 April 2015

Music in digital world : People are chasing the shooting star..!

Few days ago, I finally has to gave up my laptop and change into a new one. I was kinda hesitant to chance, since the new one has different brand that imo, less reliable. Plus, it doesn't have CD player..!
I just received CD of 2PM, my fav group, as birthday present. Just like a newly date couple, i would love to hear it everytime. Luckily Ali, my friend who hasn't change the laptop, can rip it convert to MP3.

The quality of course different with CD. its still acceptable though, but those who enjoy when your ear pampered by nice quality audio will longing for a better one.
Some songs from itunes has a decent quality and size, not too big. But the country-limitations is an unbearable obstacle.
I like many singer from JYP, sadly i found very limited and old songs available on my country itunes store. I didnt expect since its one of the three giant (Korean) entertainment company. In curiousity i tried to search another artist from other giants, SM and YG. Surprisingly, i saw the same thing, outdated and limited.

Meanwhile, i got some songs from a mediocre company, even a rookie singer's song is available. Since their songs pretty decent, though i don't really know the singer i click buy. I didn't think much to spend $0.5.
This is power in the market. When something pushing them self towards you with become visible and affordable.

I know some people are so loyal, willing to pay extra effort for Pre-Order CD and pay shipping cost that exceed the CD price itself. Kpop fans are loyal, but are they only loyal to you? The singer, idol, rapper are growing rapidly. Does the fan's ability to purchase also growing in the same pace to buy all the CDs?
Despite of the music quality, and how the artist stands out among the other, the competition are getting tight. Me myself use to have only few favorite group. Since my exposure to kpop is increasing i become a common person nowadays that called 'a multifandom'. 

Previously i didn't mind to buy an exclusive edition CD with twice regular price. But now i rather buy a regular version and buy another one. In other case, i could've gave up on one and prefer the other CD. Why? Because the album relatively expensive, so in some case i had to choose wisely. For comparison, i can have regular lunch with less than $2. Regular album, with shipping cost is around $30-40.
Like it or not, now most of artist has to share consideration with others. And this is where your power in the market will also playing role. Like i said, i ended up buy a song that only 'okay to listen' because my fav one is not available. Its like you finally date someone who always there for you rather than hoping for one that doesn't even recognize you.

I like that i can buy each song, since i dont know and might not liking all songs in a bulk album. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the song from a new singer that i haven't really know since its cheap. Then if i found out this song is good, i would likely buy another from the same singer. Later on if i found out most of the songs are good, n the singer is good looking, and variety show proved the person is charming or fun, i will buy the physical album, even when i already have the digital one. Especially when the physical album also easy to get.

Selling your song one by one is like enable people to buy trial size product. This might increase your penetration. And pushing your availability might reduce the barrier to trial n help to grow your volume. I know someone that buy 3 CD just because its has different cover picture.

Digital music selling proven to be effective by one of Indonesian musician and comic, Pandji. You can see his twitter account @pandji for details, will be to long if i write here.
I am still willing to buy physical album of my fav group. Cos its usually have a photobook which could be refreshing eye candy. But i think its should transform in a more friendly format, USB DRIVE..!

I think it will be easier nowadays to find a usb driver device than CD player. Most of the new car audio have usb drive. And it's hygiene factor (a-must-have-thing) for laptop.
I know there are issues on copyright, and tax etc when it comes to sell something in digital format which available internationally. But please, country boundaries in digital world is so yesterday..
Aren't your goal also to go international?!

So please, JYP, and other entertainment company - actually it also applicable to other industry - concern to push your availability while also building your image. Making aspirational music that shines like an unreachable distance stars is no longer effective. People are chasing the shooting star.

Conduct a research if you re not sure of this writing. Am ready to help ;p #notspon hehe..
Sneak peak of beloved albums i have. I keep em in office as my motivator

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar